The Nursing has a mandatory pre-medical Spanish proficiency course for non spanish speaking students unless showing the mastery of the spanish language, demonstrated through a pro-efficiency test (oral and written) at a price of 75.00 CUC which is included in the price of any of the Under Grade careers
Cira Garcia Central Clinic, located in Havana, is a holder of the quality certificate ISO-9001: 2008, which was worthy to complete the review process that verified the excellence of its services. This center is backed by national and international accreditation as a unit that meets the requirements of safety, quality and efficiency of the processes evaluated for compliance.
This has not been easy, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is very demanding, and the results collected are the fruition of years of collective work, consolidated achievements and continuous improvement of organizational performance.
The ISO-9001 is an international standard that enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of products and services provided, patient-centered, since it is measured and taken into account their satisfaction at all times.
The clinic’s monthly assessments are coordinated by well-defined protocols to ensure the optimization of care and patient safety, for which there are a number of mechanisms in each area.
This resulted in the quality of care for patients treated in the hospital, diplomats, foreign businessmen based in Cuba and foreigners who come seeking the prestige of Cuban medicine, many of whom wish to institutions that have this accreditation.
Last year alone, medical professionals at the clinic attended to 3,058 whereby 953 patients received ambulatory care, 450 patients received major operations, 770 patients received minor surgery, minor operations and other 885 in emergency.
In these moments are a greater number of patients from Angola in the first place, followed by Canada, Italy, Spain and Russia.
Many of the clinic’s visitors seek medical checkups and other health programs, orthopedics and trauma, along with cosmetic surgery.
Cira Garcia Central Clinic belongs to the Public Health National System of Cuba, and it is part of the subsystem of attention to foreign patients.
The Cira Garcia Clinic is a centerfor specialized medical care backed by high scientific rigor of their doctors.It utilizes state of the art advanced medical technologies to ensure qualitycare in preventive and curative treatments. The clinic has more than sixdecades in the service of health and is considered as an internationalreference center in health care to diplomats accredited in Cuba, foreignbusinessmen, tourists and visitors seeking excellent health services and care.
The Clinic has an area of more than 7 200 m2. It counts on three hospitalization levels in which 39 private rooms are distributed.
Each suite includes the following:
- Patient electronicbed with possibilities of direct oxygen and central aspiration;
- Companion bed;
- Full bathroom withhot and cold water 24 hours a day;
- Air condition;
- Satellite TV;
- Night light;
- Inter communicationwith nursery post;
- Equipment fordisabled person; and
- Safe box
- Surgical theaters:
The modern surgical theaters include first level technology with the very professional personnel that allow them to offer medical services of excellence that characterize this medical institution. The surgical theaters also offer the following sections:
- Pre-anesthesia and post-anesthesia recovery;
- Progressive care unit with intensive and intermediate care;
- Clinic labs of pathologic anatomy and microbiology, with quick response equipment; and
- A full lab of applied physiology and a modern service of inner image.
- Medical services offered:
- Diagnostic program CHECK-UP;
- Consultation with the best specialists (Cuban therapists are experts, who coordinate the exchange of views of all the necessary specialists);
- Surgery (general surgery, neurosurgery, minimally invasive surgery, radiosurgery);
- Orthopedics and Traumatology;
- Plastic surgery;
- The treatment of autoimmune diseases (multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis);
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus and diabetic foot;
- Dentistry; and
- Physical rehabilitation of treatment protocols.
- Additional services and facilities:
- Laundry service;
- Ambulances, microbuses and care; and
- Migration Procedures;
To offer health services with optimum scientific quality, honesty and deep human content, to the diplomatic corps accredited in Cuba, to foreign business men established in Cuba and to foreign persons who come to our country searching for the scientific progress and prestige of Cuban medicine.