fbpx

Cimavax-EGF for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Vaccine

December 11, 2018 by CubaHeal Research50

Cimavax-EGF for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Vaccine

Cimavax-EGF is the first worldwide registered therapeutic vaccine for non-small lung cancer developed in Cuba by the Center for Molecular Immunology in conjunction with the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. In 2008 it was approved by the Cuban regulatory authority for the use in adults with advanced stages of the cancer.  The vaccine is based on active immunotherapy which is the process of using the body’s immune system to fight cancer.

Background:

Lung cancer is one of the most common type of cancer with an approximate 1.59 million cases diagnosed in 2012 worldwide, and is by far one of the leading cause of cancer related deaths worldwide for both men and women.

Though lung cancer is generally classified as an incurable cancer it is almost always treatable.  It is important to clarify that there are very few cancers in which people can be proclaimed completely cancer free in that the risk of reoccurrence of any type of cancer is still present even years after initial diagnosis. However, the longer a patient lives without evidence of the cancer the less likely it would reoccur.

Lynne Eldridge MD, author and international speaker on cancer and nutrition, points out that:

• Long-term survival with lung cancer is sometimes possible, especially when the disease is caught in the early stages.
  • Some people survive many years even with stage 4 lung cancer.
  • There are reported cases — though rare — in which lung cancer has spontaneously regressed.

cimavaxThe last few decades saw a large number of researches on lung cancer, it’s prevention and treatment. Traditionally non-small cell cancer has been treated with surgery, chemotherapy, radiation or a combination of these. In the last few years however, special attention has been paid to research done on the treatment of cancer through immunotherapy (biologic therapy) in which the body’s immune system is stimulated to fight cancer. The idea behind immunotherapy is based on the understanding that cancer cells are frequently found in the body which are usually destroyed by the immune system and only become life threatening when the immune system cannot or does not destroy them. It is argued that chemotherapy and radiotherapy, though have proved to be highly successful in shrinking or destroying tumors, are highly toxic and do not distinguish between healthy cells and unhealthy ones. The aim of immunotherapy is not the shrinking of the tumor but the control of the cancer growth hence increasing patients’ life expectancy and improving quality of life.

Cimavax-EGF

Cuba has long established itself as a leader in the area of health care and has become world renown in medicine and medical training.  It’s scientists are well respected by foreign peers for the developments of such vaccines as meningitis B and hepatitis B.  According to the World Health Organization, researchers in the Cuban Center for Molecular Immunology have made significant advancement in new cancer treatments with emphasis on transferring cancer from a deadly disease to a chronic one.

Cimavax-EGF is the result of a 25 years research program developed by the Center for Molecular Immunology and the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology in Cuba. It is the world’s first stage 3 and stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer vaccine and is usually administered after chemotherapy and radiotherapy has already been given. Cimavax-EGF works by targeting epidermal growth factor (EGF) which is a protein found naturally in the body. In a healthy body EGF gives signals to cells to grow and divide by attaching to the receptors on the cell’s surface. In certain types of cancers such as with non-small cell lung cancer, the body produces too much EGF forcing the cells to grow and divide uncontrollably. In order for cancer cells to grow to an extent as to be able to deceive the immune system it has to be able to overcome the immune response. For a vaccine to have any effect it must be able to produce an immune response that did not take place naturally. Cimavax-EGF stimulates the immune system to produce antibodies that are specifically targeted for EGF and bind with it. Since the EGF no longer attaches itself to the receptors on cancer cells, the signal to grow and divide is no longer received thus slowing down the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells. Cimavax-EGF does not prevent cancer from developing, rather it sets in motion a mechanism whereby the uncontrolled growth and division of cancer cells are more restrained transforming a late stage aggressive lung cancer into a chronic disease.

Cimavax-EGF is well tolerated and has fewer side effects than the standard cancer treatment since it only targets malignant cells.

This vaccine is in the trial process in the UK, Canada, China and Peru and is in the process of approval in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Paraguay.

Cimavax-EGF is one of two non-small cell lung cancer to be developed in Cuba, Racotumomab is the second vaccine developed which became available in January, 2013.

50 comments

• Manishkumar Mandot

March 3, 2019 at 7:45 am

Hi , my father has been detected with lung cancer. Can you please help if cimavax can be a option for him. He is based in India

• syed

July 6, 2019 at 4:16 am

Hi Manishkumar,

My sister also detected stage 4 lung cancer and she finished all of her chemo, now she ca’t take chemo only other option is CimaVax, please share if you found any information and we can connect she is also based in Bangalore India.
      my email syed.gayaz at gmail

• CubaHeal Team

July 18, 2019 at 11:37 pm

Dear Syed,

Your inquiry has been forwarded to our admin department in order for them to follow up with you.

• Uche Nkwocha

May 2, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dear Cubaheal,
    I was diagnosed with cancerous breast tumor in 2016, had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy. A few days ago after my last checkup, the radiologist said he noticed multiple nodular densities in the left lung fields and therefore concluded that the features are suggestive of metastatic lung disease. This development is driving me into depression. Since I cannot afford to travel for treatment in Cuba or Canada at this time, I would like to purchase CIMAVAX and have a doctor administer it here in Nigeria. Thanks!

• CubaHeal

May 22, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Dear Uche,

Your request has been forwarded to our admin department in order for them to reach out to you.

CubaHeal team

• Nazmul Hossain

May 27, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Hello,
    My father is a stage 4 lung cancer. How do I get CIMAvex ?

• CubaHeal

May 31, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Dear Mr. Hossain,

Your inquiry has been forwarded to our admin department for follow up.

CubaHeal team

• Burak Bagdat

November 7, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Hello Mr Hossain

I would ask if your Father use the Cimavex ?
      if YES please coud you contact me please.
      My Father has the same i will hava all information what i can have.
      Instagram burak_bagdat
      e-mail: B.Bagdat@gmx.de
      Mobile /Whats App+491637826480

• Robin Hasan

June 13, 2019 at 8:09 am

Hello there,
    My grandmother has been detected with lung cancer.
    is it possible to import cimavax-EGF in bangladesh?
    if it’s possible, tell me how. please

• CubaHeal

June 18, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Dear Robin,

• Babu

June 16, 2019 at 2:01 pm

What is the price of CimaVax-EGF Vaccine?
    Is it only for lung cancer?

• CubaHeal

June 18, 2019 at 3:40 pm

Dear Babu,

• Rupu Akter

June 18, 2019 at 12:51 pm

My father is suffering from esophageal cancer, stage 4, which has also spread in lungs. please help me to get the medicine CIMAvax. I am from Bangladesh. My father is now in India for treatment.

• CubaHeal

June 18, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Dear Rupu,

CubaHeal Team

• Cafer (last name omitted for privacy purposes)

June 25, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Good evening,

Last week I have heard that I have small lung cancer in one part of my lung.
    At this moment I am in Turkey and would like to discuss the treatment options. Could you please let me know with whom I could discuss the opportunities in order to be treated asap

• CubaHeal Team

July 19, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Dear Cafer,

• CubaHeal Team

July 19, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Dear Sandip,

CubaHeal Team

• Mike (last name omitted for privacy purposes)

July 3, 2019 at 4:45 am

Can this drug be used for stage 4 prostate cancer?

• CubaHeal Team

July 18, 2019 at 11:41 pm

Dear Mike,

Unfortunately, CimaVAX is a targeted, immunotherapy drug that is strictly intended for the treatment of Non Small Cell Lung cancers.

CubaHeal team

• Ada

July 3, 2019 at 6:57 am

Hi Cubaheal.
    My father has been diagnosed with lung cancer (non small cell planocellular) in february 2019. Since than he has done chemitherapy and in meanwhile he is doing radiotherapy. Can you please help if cimavax can be a option for him. He is based in Macedonia

• CubaHeal Team

July 18, 2019 at 11:39 pm

Dear Ada,

Your inquiry has been forwarded to our admin department in order for them to follow up with you and provide you with additional info.

• Ania

July 10, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Hi,
    My father has lung cancer , diagnosed 4 weeks ago, is developing very fast. He lost pegs function due to cancer pushing on spine, so he is bed ridden. How can I get hold of the vaccine please? He lives in Poland.

• CubaHeal Team

July 18, 2019 at 11:35 pm

Dear Ania,

CubaHeal Team

• Blagoja (last name omitted for privacy purposes)

July 15, 2019 at 3:52 am

Hello,
    Can I get more advice on the subject please?
    Thanks

• CubaHeal Team

July 18, 2019 at 11:32 pm

Dear Blagoja,

• thirdeye

July 19, 2019 at 1:18 am

hello,
    Excuse for my English, i would like to ask this.
    If from the tests results, there is no transformation in the Factor PDL1
    CIMAvax can also be successful?
    Please email me

• CubaHeal Team

July 19, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Dear Thirdeye,

CubaHeal Team

• Alexandra (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

July 26, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Hola buenos días – mi tía tiene cancer stage 4 y estamos en Rumania – Es possible viajar a europea si alguien tiene este vaccino o tenemos que viajar a cuba ? Es posible por favor un número de teléfono

• S.B.

August 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Hi, can you please send information on treatment plans, travel options and treatment length along with the costs? Thanks.

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 8:20 pm

Dear S.B.,

• Rubymom

August 12, 2019 at 9:24 am

Dear CubaHeal Team,
    My mother is suffered from non-small cell lung cancer, stage 4. She has been using teciva medicine from Jan 2019 but the result is not good. Can she use Cimavax vaccine? Please send me your instruction of vaccine usage and price. I am from Vietnam

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Dear Rubymom,

• Jo

August 17, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Hello, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 nonsmall cell LC. He also has COPD. He underwent one radiation treatment to the sacrum bone and had one treatment on the lung with the tumour. I am in Canada. Is there any way to get this medicine in Canada? He is too weak and on too much oxygen to travel. Thank you

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Dear Jo,

• Anastacia B

August 20, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Hi,

I would like information on getting access to the vaccine. My father-in-law has lung cancer.

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Dear Anastacia B,

CubaHeal Team

• Peter (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

August 21, 2019 at 12:49 am

My sister has lung cancer. could you please tell me where i can buy Cimavax?

Thanks,
    Peter

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Dear Peter,

CubaHeal Team

• Kofoworola (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

August 27, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for the preview. It makes sense.
    Can we order from Nigeria? My mother in law is stage 4 ling cancer. Please send the cost a d application. Regards

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Dear Kofoworola,

CubaHeal Team

• Kenan (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

August 29, 2019 at 12:24 am

Help me doctor… my father has lung cancer..
    And i dont no what to do .. do you have the vaccine to help him or the medicine .. please help us .. since father he diagnosed lung cancer my brain is finished please please help me.. if you cant help write back if you can help me write back please help us… im Turkish man from Denmark..

Kenan (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Dear Kenan,

• David

September 2, 2019 at 11:34 pm

My mother has stage 4 lung cancer she hasn’t got long left. How would I get cimavax to Ireland?

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Dear David,

CubaHeal Team

• felix (Last name is withheld for privacy purposes)

September 7, 2019 at 11:53 am

I tried prednisone and antibiotics, but no change. X-rays are negative, heart lungs and blood and serum chemistries all are normal. I have lung calcification from childhood bout with histoplasmosis. I am 75 years old and retired.My current doctor directed me to totalcureherbsfoundation .c om which I purchase the COPD herbal remedies from them ,they are located in Johannesburg, the herbal treatment has effectively reduce all my symptoms totally, am waiting to complete the 15 weeks usage because they guaranteed me total cure.

• CubaHeal team

September 28, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Dear Felix,

• Habib

November 9, 2019 at 7:32 pm

My father has non small cells lung cancer, 54mm also small lymph nodes 24mm on the right lung near the upper bone, he finished chemo 4th session, he is currently suffering from shortness of breath, he cant breath properly currently using the oxygen 24/24
    I want to know if these Cimavax helps I will order them urgently please.
    Currently based in Algeria.

• CubaHeal team

November 18, 2019 at 10:32 pm

Dear Habib,

We are forwarding your inquiry to our admin department in order for them to supply with full program details and the cost.

• Sinan

November 17, 2019 at 12:45 am

Hello, my father has 3 stage cancer, cancer started in gut and he made sirurgy, after sirurgy he start chemotherapy he do 6 times. After this time he stop 3 months. Now he do exames and they said he has little bit on lung and figer now they star again to chemotherapy. I need information about cimavax. For my father if is good option ? And how we can buy.