COUPLES INFERTILE EVALUATION PROGRAM
Infertility is defined as being unable to conceive in spite of having unprotected sexual intercourse for above a year or the inability to carry a pregnancy to term. Women 35 years or older who have not conceived in a 6 months period of unprotected sexual intercourse should consider consulting with a specialist.
Cuba has a team of committed and dedicated staff physicians, specialized nursing and support team whose main objective is to identify the root cause of infertility and treating the condition in the most effective method while maintaining the overall health and wellbeing of the patient.
Evaluation of infertility in Females:
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate test: Testing the rate at which red blood cells settle in a period of one hour.
- Differential white blood cell count: Study of the different white blood cells.
- Blood Type and RH Factor Complete Coagulation test.
- Quantitative Serology: Examination of the blood serum (the yellowish fluid found in the blood that does not contain red or white blood cells and does not clot)
- VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laboratory) test
- HIV test
- Cyturia test: The passage of cells in unusual numbers in the urine.
- Glycemia test: The presence of glucose in the blood.
- Creatinine Level test: Testing the amount of creatinine removal by the kidneys.
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone Level (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) tests: Both FSH and LH are hormone that helps control the menstrual cycle and the production of eggs
- Estrogen Level test: Estrogen is a steroid hormone that control the development and maintenance of female characteristics of the body
- Progesterone: Progesterone is a steroid hormone needed to stimulate the uterus to prepare for pregnancy.
- Prolactin: Prolactin is a hormone needed to stimulate milk production after childbirth.
- Vaginal discharge and vaginal cytology tests
- Sperm penetration test
- Cervical Test
- Hysterosalpingography: This uses a special form of x-ray called fluoroscopy and a contrast material to examine the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Skull and Sella radiography.
- Transvaginal ultrasound.
- Instrumentation and diagnostic examination
- Contrasted Laparoscopy
Evaluation of infertility in Males:
Cultures and Antibiograms
Spermatic vein Doppler examination