The following medical Diplomas, Training Courses, Visits, Fellowship and Internships allow enrolled students to advance their current education and specialization, in addition to gaining the necessary experience in applicable medical fields. They are also intended to furnish an insight into the Cuban National Health System and how medical services are offered.
The attendance of these programs must be coordinated in advance with CubaHeal.
Below, please find important information regarding the above programs:
- The following courses would be conducted in the Spanish language. For non-Spanish speaking students, we strongly recommend enrolling in a medically oriented Spanish language course. Cuban Academic Services Authorities (CASA) and CubaHeal are not responsible for the enrollment arrangements of said Spanish courses.
- The Cuban Academic Services Authorities (CASA) requests a 42 days’ notice prior to the student’s arrival to work all the details regarding enrollment reservation.
- These programs are only offered during the academic course with the exception of July and August (university holidays).
- The above programs can only be offered at, and restricted to, specific academic institutions without the possibility of substitution.
- The costs of Airport pickup, accommodation, meals and local transportation are not included in the above programs. Should you wish, you can commission CubaHeal Medical to handle said arrangements. To that end, CubaHeal will arrange all the logistics regarding the following:
- Arranging for airport pickup
- Arranging accommodation and meals during the visitor’s stay in Cuba (included in the package)
- CubaHeal Medical’s team will familiarize the student regarding local transportation, universities and city’s facilities as well as relevant immigration and legal laws that must be adhered to while in the Republic of Cuba
- Stand as a permanent point of reference for the visitor should a need arises
- Stand as a permanent point of reference to the visitor’s relatives oversees should the need arise
Separately, those interested in other short-term academic activities such as specialized visits, internships, etc. should be aware these activities can be coordinated during the academic course with the exception of July and August (university holidays). Giving the nature of said visits, the CASA asks for the following:
- A minimum of three attendees per each visit is strongly recommended;
- A minimum of 42 days’ notice prior to the arrival of the visitor(s) is a must
- An academic summary (CV) of all attendees is a must
- A brief description of the intention of the visit is a must