Do I qualify for medical treatment In Cuba?
Qualification for treatment depends on the following:
- The availability of medical treatments for your specific medical profile: CubaHeal will require your full medical diagnosis and treatment reports, which will be forwarded to the applicable healthcare authorities and medical teams for further determination of eligibility and best treatment program;
- Visa qualifications: CubaHeal will direct, facilitate and assist you in your visa application. Upon approval, we will direct you to the best available travel route.Those who qualify enjoy medical care at some of the world’s top health care facilities without suffering through the extended waiting times faced in their home country.
How long will it take for the Cuban medical team to conclude their initial assessment of my treatment?
Each medical case is unique. From our experience and depending on the speed we receive your translated medical treatment and diagnosis reports, it usually takes between 10-14 business days (excluding national and religious holidays) for the Cuban Medical Authorities to come back to us with a final assessment and decision regarding your treatment. We will keep you informed every step of the way of where we are in the process. If you are approved for a treatment, such approval will be in a form of a treatment program, which will promptly be forwarded to you.
How expensive is the treatment in Cuba?
Visitors to Cuba for medical care testify that treatments, (which include, hospital stays and treatment at some of the world’s most prestigious healthcare facilities, accommodations, meals, recovery, and recuperation for the patient and a companion), are considered to be at about 40 to 60 percent less expensive than the cost of treatment in their home countries.
What information will my treatment program include?
Upon receipt of your final assessment and treatment program from the Cuban medical authorities, CubaHeal will forward said program to you. Said program will include the following details:
- Full details of the treatment program designed for you
- The costs of said program including the designated medical facility, accommodations, treatment, and recovery details
- Full details of the recreational program available, including resort details, for you and your companion, should you decide to use such service
- Other details such as airport pickup and drop off, evaluation and testing, accommodation, meals, medical care
- Extended recuperation and convalescence programs (should you decide to use them)
As for CubaHeal, our team, in full coordination with the Cuban Medical Authorities, will be on standby to offer the following services
- Working all the logistics regarding the patient’s arrival
- Offer continuous translation and guidance services during the patient’s stay in Cuba
- Arrange entertainment programs (at an additional cost), should the patient wish to and should the patient’s Cuban Medical team agree
Are there any other hidden fees?
Other than medicines, disposables, blood derivatives or substitutes and artificial supporting materials when indicated, all costs, including round trip flights, translation services, companion’s accommodations are furnished ahead of time to the visitor.
Tell me about the quality of treatment and medical services in Cuba?
Prestigious Cuban clinics and health centers, including Clínica Central Cira García (Cira García Central Clinic), Centro Internacional de Retinosis Pigmentaria “Camilo Cienfuegos” (Camilo Cienfuegos International Retinitis Pigmentosa Center), Centro Internacional de Salud “La Pradera” (La Pradera International Health Center), and Centro Internacional de Restauración Neurológica International Centre for Neurological Restoration (CIREN), have programs and medical practices based on a more articulated, organic and large-scale commercial activity.
Utilizing the experience Cuba has gained in more than five centuries of medical services<, the strong infrastructure and logistics of its National Health System, support from the pharmaceutical industry, technologies from the so-called “Scientific Pole” (a science park to the west of Havana), and the expertise of highly competitive human capital, a group of programs have been created addressing high-demand specialties in the fields of Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Orthopedics, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Adult and Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Oncology Surgery, Bariatrics Surgery, among others.
Cuba medical healthcare centers enter the international market of health services, with the guarantee and support of being accredited through their medical and health institutions. These health centers now exhibit ISO 9001- 2008 compliance certificates issued by the most prestigious certification organizations AENOR and Bureau Veritas as a reward for the quality of their management systems.
The certificates achieved by these institutions, define and strengthens Cuba as ’Country Health’ destination.
I do not speak Spanish; how do I communicate with my doctors and healthcare staff members?
At CubaHeal, we are fully staffed with teams of local medical associates fluent in your language and Spanish, allowing us to eliminate any language barriers between you and the team presiding over your recovery. Our associates will assist you every step of the way, from your arrival until the conclusion of your treatment and departure.
What about follow-up visits?
We will arrange the travel arrangement, stay, and accommodation and follow-up appointments with the original medical team to ensure the continuity of good medical care. It should be noted that it usually takes less waiting time, and costs less, to visit your Cuban medical team than to visit one in your home country.
Tell me about the Cuban healthcare facilities and hospitals
Cuban healthcare facilities and hospitals adhere to world class standards.
Should you decide to make Cuba your medical treatment destination, you will discover that these facilities follow rigorous cleanliness and sterilization programs. Furthermore, such facilities boast world class, 5-star standards, and are certified 9001.
Tell me about Cuba’s medical
Please visit our blog for the latest medical and scientific breakthroughs from the Republic of Cuba.