Traumatic lesions of the brachial plexus during delivery produce upper limb motor dysfunction in infants that adversely affect their mental and motor development.
The rehabilitation program that proposed helps the full or partial recovery of motor function of the affected limb. Consultations with specialists in orthopaedic surgery of the upper limb will help determining the feasibility and / or need for surgical rehabilitation.
The Initial rehabilitation program for congenital brachial palsy program includes the following:
- 28 Nights of hospitalization. The Hospitalization will include accommodation, nursing care and medical assistance, as well as three course meals)
- specialized medical care and physiotherapy
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Diagnostic tests, which includes:
- Somato-sensory evoked potentials
- Poliphysiotherapy (38 sessions)