MEDICAL PROGRAMS FOR THE ELDERLY
Cuba’s Medical program for the elderly is based on an inclusive and integral approach that is shared by few countries in the world .
The approach to primary healthcare has enabled Cuba to meet it elderly population’s needs within their communities which allowed them to retain higher levels of dignity, independence and psychological health. due to such approach, only 0.5% of Cuba’s elderly population are hospitalized and/or institutionalized which is not only positive for the elder individual but is less costly to society as well.
The Cuban medical programs for the elderly focus on primary and secondary and pre-emptive actions which can make a difference in the quality of life for the elderly. The final aim is to promote goals intended to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
For international visitors, Cuba offers the following comprehensive programs:
- Comprehensive Evaluation for the Elderly
- Evaluation and Geronto-Vitalizing Comprehensive Treatment
- Psychomotor Comprehensive Rehabilitation
- Functional Rehabilitation in the Elderly (10 Sessions)
- Quality of Life Revitalizing Treatment (10 Sessions)
- Comprehensive Care for Patients with Memory Disorders