Pregnancy Termination Program
The Pregnancy Termination Program includes:
- Specialized Medical Consultation in Gynecology
- Laboratory tests:
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- Differential white blood cell count
- Determination of blood type and RH factor.
- Quantitative serology (VDRL)
- Microbiological tests:
- Vaginal discharge.
- Endocervical exudate.
- Imaging investigations:
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Surgical procedure
- Right of operating room (minor surgery)
- post-operative resuscitation
Types of Pregnancy Terminations:
- Up to 12 weeks Pregnancy: Termination of pregnancy
- Pregnancy over 12 weeks to 20 weeks: Termination of pregnancy with D&C procedure
- Ongoing, deferred or incomplete Abortion: D&C procedure
- Ectopic pregnancy: videolaparoscopy (a surgery with a small incision in the pelvis or abdomen with the aid of a camera) with unilateral salpingectomy (surgical incision into a fallopian tube)
- Tubal pregnancy: Salpingectomy