Skin Cancer Medical Program
Skin cancers are basically deformed growths resulting from many different causes and carry varying degrees of malignancy.
The most propagable malignant skin cancers are Squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma and melanoma.
Basal Cell Carcinoma:
Considered to be the most common form of skin cancer in humans. It develops in the basal cell layer of the skin and can be very damaging and disfiguring if neglected. Fortunately, this type of skin cancer rarely metastasizes beyond the skin surface and therefore it is considered to be the least dangerous. A biopsy often is the only test needed to determine the stage. In patients where the growth has metastasized to large areas of the skin, or has existed for a long time, the lymph nodes in the area of the spread will be investigated.
This type of cancer is mostly caused in areas extensively exposed to the sun, due to severe sunburn caused by ultraviolet radiation exposure. It is most common in the face and neck regions.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC):
Considered to be the second most common type of skin cancers which originate in the surface area of the skin.
This type of cancer is divided into the following two types:
– Local: affects the skin area; or
– Metastatic: spreads beyond the skin area
A biopsy often is the only test needed to determine the stage. In patients where the growth has metastasized to large areas of the skin, or has existed for a long time, the lymph nodes in the area of the spread will be investigated.
Considered to be the most aggressive type of skin cancers. It amounts to 5% of all skin malignancies. If not detected early, it may spread to other parts or regions of the body.
Skin Cancer Medical Program utilizing Heberferon:
- Please note the following regarding the treatment program:
- The treatment programs available in Cuba are only intended for Basal Cell Carcinoma or Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC).
- As with all cancers, skin cancer medical programs depend on the type and size of cancer, how far it has spread and on the overall health of the patient. The length of treatment will depend on these factors and could vary between two weeks and three months.
- Diagnostic Tests:
- Skin biopsy (if diagnostic is not clear)
- Full correlogram Alkaline Phosphatase Blood (Serum) Glutamic-Oxaloacetic
- Transaminase (SGOT) Test
- Blood (Serum) Glutamate Pyruvate Transaminase (SGPT) Test Urea
- Creatinine test
- Uric acid test
- Additional test in order to determine if there is a metastasis
- About Heberferon:
As a result of 20 years of clinical research and trials, Heberferon was produced at the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CIGB) in Cuba. It’s objective is treat patients afflicted with skin cancer. It is administered through an injection and has the objective of eliminating or reducing non-melanoma skin tumors and prevent possible after-effects of facial surgeries.
Heberferon is made of a synergistic combination of Interferon alfa 2b and recombinant gamma. Its premier objective is to reduce or eliminate non-melanoma skin tumors.
- Characteristics of Heberferon:
- It promotes the reduction of the tumor mass and the cure of the lesions.
- It reduces the possibility of complex surgeries in high frequency areas of recurrences such as the ears, nose, eyelids and the periocular area, as well as its sequelae.
- If injected into the effected area, it has the a curative effect in the reduction of the size, or eliminated the growth.
- It inhibits the tumor vascularity and has the capability of controlling the cell cycle. In other words, Heberferon has antiproliferative action.
- Heberferon can be used for patient with lesions unsuitable for surgical procedures, or with the potential for significant deformities. For patients who underwent surgical procedures, it has a post-surgical application intended to eliminate residual tumor and prevent recurrence.
- In Basal Cell Carcinomas, and when an optimal dose Heberferon is administered, coupled with better esthetic, it has the ability to produces a minimum of 5 years of sustained response with better effects and less intensity of adverse reactions
- Heberferon contributes to improving the patient ‘s aesthetic resulting in improving the quality of life of patients.